Friday 7 November 2014

Week 45 - Recycle It - Polkadoodles Challenge

Hello everyone and welcome back to the Polkadoodles challenge!
Don't forget that every Tuesday we have a great inspiration post full of colouring ideas for you from the Digi Queens so check it out below this post - and did you know that our sister team Digi Choosday have a fab Tuesday challenge for you to? make sure you sign up, there are often Choosday/Tuesday deals and offers so you need to make sure we're on your blogfeeds and join up with us over on Polka Doodle Dandies, our Facebook group for even more specials and all the daily news from the team!

So here we are, week 2 of our Recycle It Challenge.
Do you think we are all getting in Christmas mode LOL!
You don't have to make something Christmas to enter the challenge, just tell us what you
have reused in you project, on your blog.  It's always good to see
what us crazy crafters can reuse, don't you think?!
You can Recycle anything you wish - and this can be something as simple as reusing a bit of ribbon!
You have until Friday 14th November  noon GMT to enter. Just please follow the rules in the sidebar. You don't have to use our products to enter!
THE WINNER OF THIS CHALLENGE WILL RECEIVE A COPY OF THIS BRAND NEW COLLECTION WHICH IS WORTH £11.99!
Have you seen the latest new release at Polka Doodles.....

** Work & Play Collection 7 - BONUS EDITION

The winners of your weeks 42/43 Christmas Fun challenge are at the end of this post.

You can enter the current challenge
Recycle It - HERE

But first lets see the Design Teams inspiration for you this week....

Anna Wow! It’s been a long time since I made a card with flowers! Recently I’ve been making mostly round and Christmas cards, so today, especially for you, something elegant with flowers. A multi-layered card, with the aforementioned flowers, ribbons, white tulle, pom poms, paper doilies, a Polish cut out sign ‘Sto lat’ (roughly translated, it means ‘May you live a hundred years’), also something recycled from a blouse, i.e. gray tulle with gold accents and sequins. The paper, which I used comes from Rose Budd collection. If you want to see more photos, I invite you to  visit my blog.

Lou: I have used lots of recycled bits on my card: kraft card is from a cereal box, lace from ..who knows, corrugated card from packaging and canvas effect card from the inside of a gift box. I have used the Perfect poinsettia and Christmas Doodles stamp sets, coloured with my distress inks. Full details and more photos are on my blog.

Scatty Jan The other week I was using some spray and sparkle on some poinsettias , I had sprayed them on an old bit of Kraft - When they were dry and I took them off I loved the Kraft more than the poinsettias and definitely couldn't bear to throw it out. The photo does it no justice it is just full of sparkle and magic. Perfect for this Challenge.

I decided to pop it on as the background for my bag . I coloured up using Graph'Its the wonderful digi image Octavia Thinking. The Bow is from the Festive Hollybobs collection and the flowers are from the Cherryblossom Lane CD.

Asha - My project started with something yummy wrapped in gold in a brown paper cup. I used paper from Festive Hollybobs, a sweet angel and candy canes from Angelberry Christmas and a sentiment from Gingerbread Twist to make a tag. The gold wrapper is a band in the middle of the tag and the brown paper cup is now a halo around the angel. Extra embellies from my stash: ribbon, twine, Stickles and Liquid Pearls. I also used Graph'It markers to add extra colour to the digis.



Karon - I had these bottles from some little flowers that I have placed in better storage.  I decided they would be perfect to fill with treats.  So I removed all the labels and ran them through my dishwasher to sterilize them and then decorated and filled them. Before...

I used the Work & Play 5 Festive Hollybobs collection.  I decided to showcase just 4, out of the many, design sheets that are available in this fabulous collection.  These are great if you want lots of elements already put together and are great for making quick cards and projects.  I wrapped each bottle in papers off the CD and also made some little rosettes for the bottle tops.  Here are my bottles all filled and decorated.
Cheremane - I have decided to use a empty tin to make my remote control holder for my recycled project seeing we all have empty tins at home. Make sure you give it a good wash first though.

I've used the fabulous Winston Cd to make my recycled remote control holder for my hubby, mind you he can never find the remote as I always have it. The Winston Cd is pack full of gorgeous images, papers and accessories galore. The main image I have used is Winston Bear Snoozy Days which you can get on his own as a  Digi download as well. Head on over to the Polkadoodles Shop where you can get lots of crafty goodies to help you remake my project.



Samantha K - I used the wonderful Work and Play 6 Collection to create a get well pen.
There are a great range of images and embellishments and as always papers, in this collection, something for everyone :) For my recycled item I used an old pen that was the type you get given advertising a company with their details in the barrel. I emptied these out and added my own bits :)
Its a fully working pen. I created a little image square, with a character, some flowers and a sentiment (all from the CD) and I had a pen with a large barrel, that once taken apart, had the printed square popped inside to make a cute get well pen :)

Ashley- I Decided to make use of an extra wedding invitation print out and not waste paper. I was simple I wanted to recycle all my old scraps and papers so for my card I only used scraps and printed on old wedding invites =) I used the amazing Work & Play 5 Festive Hollybobs collection for the main image as well as the background paper and North Pole embelly. What's so great about the collection is all the amazing images work well with one another or as a stand alone image! So head on over to the store you don't want to miss out on these adorable images for this Christmas and Holiday season! 


Melanie - For my recycling project I decided to upcycle a glass candle jar for a first Christmas keepsake or gift. I used the wonderful Festive Hollybobs CD for this, which contains some lovely design sheets with papers, toppers and extra elements that were perfect for decorating this candle jar. I added some punched snowflakes, a chalkboard panel and red silk ribbon to finish. The final touch was a red silk ribbon bow for the candle jar lid. This Mistletoe Kiss image is also available as a clear stamp in the Polka Doodles store - gorgeous!

WOW - amazing creations and ideas!  

Now lets announce our winner (chosen by random.org) for our last challenge, Christmas Fun
#80 - Deonna B
Please email us here to claim your prize, which is a copy of the fabulous Winston Collection, please quote the code PDwk45001wk42

Now onto the Top 3 as chosen by the Design Team
#8 - Mummylade
#13 - Sandra

Congratulations to everyone and thanks for entering our challenges.
Don't forget to claim you blinkies from the side bar.

Recycle It Challenge can be entered HERE
Don't forget you do not have to use Polkadoodles products to enter our challenges
and please remember that there are a maximum of 2 entries per person.
Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!