Friday 8 July 2011

Week 27 Challenge - Safmat & Letratac

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge! This week some of the Design Team have been using two new and very fantastic Letraset products - Safmat and Letratac. Safmat is a transparent film that can be printed on and then once the backing has been peeled off, applied to any product. Letratac is a bit like a dry glue product - it can be rubbed onto the reverse of the image and then applied directly to where you want it to stick - no blobby glue or tell-tale marks!

So our challenge to you is to use stickers or transfers on your projects - if you have Safmat or Letratac then show us what it can do!


The top three from challenge 25 which was a colour theme of Red, White and Blue are:

First Place: Clairebears

Second Place: Sandy

Third Place: Crafty Fairie

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your blinkies! The first placed winner receives a download and please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!

2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.

3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.

4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.

5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Now onto the Design Team samples and inspiration! If you want more detail on how their projects have been created, just click on their name and you'll be taken to their blog.

Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 17 July at 12noon GMT.

Ruth: I've raided my acetate stash to make these very cute and handy seed packets! The template can be found on Sundae of Seasons along with the plant labels and the images. All I have added is a brad through the reverse of the packet to hold the larger flaps together and some twine from the kitchen drawer. The flowers and 'ribbon' have been printed onto Safmat and then trimed and added to the acetate - a total doddle to make!



Miria I decorated this mug for a baby girl using coloured digi from Sundae of seasons, for the baby I used Safmat and Letratac for the stars: it's my first experiment, I can do better, anyway it is quick and easy.





Fliss: For my project I've decorated an acrylic jar to store my collection of silk flowers. I used a sentiment from the Sundae Of Seasons CD together with a ribbon border printed on to Safmat. I applied the sentiment to some papers from the same CD with Letratac which I also used to attach it to the jar. I then added panels of gingham paper from the new Magical Winter CD also printed on Safmat and added the ribbon border. I finished off with a matching dotty panel cut with Nestabilities at the top.





Lis-m: For my project I have used a cheap photo frame, and painted it with crackle effect paint, then added a verse on the Safmat to the centre. I printed the flower buds in Safmat and the birdhouses onto card, all from the Double sprinkles of Kraft cd. I then went to town on the embellishments!



Colette This week I have done a bit of recycling and turned a carton that contained Egg Mayo sandwich filler into a Christmas decoration. The snowman and birdhouse inside the carton are from the fantastic new Magical Winter CD1, as are the snowflakes on the outside. I printed the snowflakes onto Safmat and then placed them around the outside of the carton, the large snowflake was printed onto Safmat twice (once flipped), I then sprinkled the sticky side of one with glamour dust and then placed the other one over the top to seal it.
The snowman and birdhouse were also printed twice (once flipped) and were stuck back to back using LetraTac (what a fabulous product, especially useful for sticking intricate shapes), I also stuck the glittered snowflake onto the carton with LetraTac. I made a fancy bow for the top using papers from the CD printed onto both sides of pearl paper. The inside base of the carton is covered in FlowerSoft to represent snow. The "Let It Snow" sentiment around the bottom, was printed onto Safmat and then stuck to white ribbon from stash.







Claire : I have made a quick gift of a candle lantern using Safmat and elements from A Double sprinkle of Kraft cd with some added beautiful woven ribbon.




Josie: I decorated this little picture frame for a little friend of mine who is moving house. I knew Safmat would be perfect for adding her name and a little sentiment. (I put a picture in just to show the project, and yes it's me! lol)




Tracie: I had several projects to add but have come away without the right pictures so will post a pic of my Letraset Safmat scrapbook page - I love the fact you can make custom tapes! I also made a matching card. The patterns on the safmat were the borders from Double Sprinkles of Kraft





Good luck! The challenge closes on Sunday 17 July at 12noon GMT
*****






4 comments:

  1. Fantastic DT creations!
    ♥ Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [09 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great DT projects. Thanks for the chalenge Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am so upset I thought the challenge closed at 12.30. Oh well if anyone one wants to see mine its on my blog http://alitalksblogs.blogspot.com/2011/07/polkadoodles-safmat-challenge-alice-in.html pooh and plops! Oh well had fun anyway and loving all the other examples.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!