Friday 7 May 2010

Week 18 Challenge - Summer Blossoms

Happy Friday everyone. Brenda here and it's my turn to host the theme at Polkadoodles this week and as it's 'hopefully' almost Summer I would like to see projects with the theme:

"Summer Blossoms"

Lots of scope there to get the creative juices flowing and a colour palate as wide as your imagination.
Before you go look at the Design Teams wonderful inspiration, here are the winners from Challenge 16 which was Netties monochromatic theme:

First Place: Dora
Second Place: Jenni
Third Place: Gillian

Well done everyone, please contact Nikky for your winners blinkies.

Brenda - I'm still loving the the All Around and Everywhere CD and have used some of the lovely lilac colourways for my card this week. I enlarged the floral tree before printing off, cut it with nesties and added crackle glaze. I made the three roses from the same lilac pattered paper and added pearls, sizzix swirls and lace plus a border punched with Martha Stewart 3 dot scallop.


Kerry - I saw these flowers on the web, can't remember where now and thought how pretty there are. The petals are made using either U's, C's or both which you can cut out freehand, with a Cricut (which I did) or templates etc. Just touch the ends of the letter together and glue onto a circle of paper and decorate the centre as you wish. The shape of your letters will determine the shape of your flower. I used papers from All Around and Everywhere.



Enfys - I decided to make a bag, well it started life as a flowerpot, but that went wrong, so I turned it into a handbag. The gorgeous flowers are cut from one of the papers on All Around and Everywhere, and were perfect for this project. There is a tiny clear sentiment sticker on the fastener of the bag.


Kris: Well, I decided to take Brenda literally and give you a Summer Blossoms card! I just kind of got carried away with printing the stacking flowers from the new All Around & Everywhere CD and decided to pile them all onto a stair step card. All of the flowers have been doodled on and they are not stacked but scattered. I also added some leaves and birds from the same CD along with a diecut sun and sentiment. I've given you 2 views - one to see the dimension and one of the card full on.



Nettie: I have joined the gang in using the All Around and Everywhere CD too. These flowers are so adorable, I can't stop using them. Just a slanted tri-fold card from me and a few punched leaves. I love the idea of summer colours and flowers.



Claire Yes it seems we all like that CD - All Around and Everywhere and those wonderful stacking flowers! There is so much on the CD, I have just come across this beautiful dragonfly and fun leaves.Martha Stewart punch from the Polkadoodles shop to make the edges on the joy fold card. A lovely finishing touch.



Ruth: I've taken the theme literally and made flowers on plant sticks! All the papers (printed double sided) are from the new cd All Around and Everywhere and I've used the flower sheets as the templates. Ruffled the edges and added seed beads to the centres. And the sticks, in case you are wondering, are bamboo planters from Sainsbury's.... More pics on my blog!


Kate Here is mine made with cut out flowers from several of the cds , the backing paper is from sugar birdies and the cute little bunny is from paper boutique


Stacey - I have once again turned to All around and everywhere for my paper this week! I have used blue and brown for my scheme which should make Nikky happy!!! I have made some 3D flowers using my nesties and I have added some beads and wire, the brown leaves have been saved from something that I had torn apart last week!!! More pics on my blog x x x

Fliss : I've also gone for the new All Around & Everywhere CD as I've been exploring all the different things on there. I've made an easel card but it's flower shaped in keeping with Brenda's theme. It was made using a Nestabilities die but you'll need to pop over to my blog to see how I did it as the original shape is a bit small for a card. I added circles of polka dot paper and made a garland from flowers cut out of one of the papers with a die.

Dee: I set a little challenge to myself as well this week to make a card with no embellishments or ribbons, in fact all I've added is faux stitching. I chose papers from Candy Doodles CD, and I used the A5 Funky Flower template from Paper Boutique to make this wardrobe style card.



Lou: I have been computerless for a wee while now so couldn't use any of Nikky's CD's for this weeks challenge, so I have used the versatile "Daisy Doodles" rubber stamp set to create my card ! I then made a large chiffon ribbon bow & used some gems in the flower centres. A little smiggen of Liquid pearls and my card was quickly made.


Nikky...Wow! Fab designs from the doodledollies this week and it looks like we all love the new CD lol! My card is from the picnic collection on All Around and Everywhere and I've made these distressed flowers using the ones on the CD as well...if you want to know how to make these you need to watch the next show on Create & Craft which is 27th May where I'll show how to make these again...I've also shown a pic of some 3D ones which are on sticks too (yes, both Ruth and me have a thing about flowers on sticks I think, I cant deny it, lol).



Now, before we go, next week is special for us at Doodle Towers - it's our birthday! One whole year of Polka Doodle challenges - my, how time has flown!! SO - make sure you check in next week as we'll be celebrating in true birthday stylee!! xx

Good luck on entering this weeks challenge - you have until Sunday 16 May at 12noon GMT and please remember the maximum number of challenges including Polkadoodles is 10 for your creation.


25 comments:

  1. Woo hooo :))) Thanks so much for choosing me as one of the top 3 !!! Thanks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great cards!!! Well done girls!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nikky & the fab DT-team!!

    It's been a long time... I hope you're all doing fine? I just made a card with the gorgeous new stamps, Fairy Flutterfly! Ooooh... so lovely to work with!!

    Sweet greetings & BIG hug to all of you!!
    Saskia (the Belgian Chocolate Girl, ex-dt)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have tried several time to link but no luck so heres my card will try again later to see if it has uploaded the correct way hugs from Daniele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all!
    My link also, would not work.
    So mine's here
    Thanks,
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant believe it i`ve done it and it was simple once the penny dropped! lol I`m jacquie hughes i used all around and everywhere i love this. i glittered the cakes, made some frames with my martha stewart punch and added some ribbon. i love polkadoodles x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great challenge, my link hasn't worked either....so here's my card :) :

    My Websters card

    Samm
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tried to post mt entry from photobucket but nothing has happened (yet) Maria H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work this week DT!! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone - if some of you are having probs with the link - when I first tried it didnt look like it worked but when I went back 10mins later it had updated. I also put the URL in as well as the pic link and this seemed to work better. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jackie Hughes - can you please use the DIRECT LINK code when you use Photobucket hun - we don't know which card you're entering so we can't judge you properly! thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the lovely challenge, hope you like my card. Lovely DT cards. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  13. have had another go at linking but all it comes up with that the link already exists and won't let me proceed I see others have had the same problem we must all be the missing numbers on the main link section hugs Daniele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nicky.. the link where I should send the email address for the winner blinkie isn't working and so I sent it here - sales@polkadoodles.co.uk... don't know if it's the correct. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wanted to enter the challenge but cant get PB to work here so this is the photo I want to enter IMG]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy15/Allthatspretty/PD%20Challenges/MSPrettyCards008.jpg[/IMG]Maria Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful DT cards! Lovely challenge!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Girls,
    i posted my card yesterday and it has not shown up, I tried again and it says I have already joined....Cannot see my card, is all ok, have I done it right.? Ta Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  18. merci pour ce joli challenge et bravo a la DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have tried and tried to enter the challenge but my entry hasn't shown from the first attempt,then it said I had already formed a link but again no picture and subsequently each time I try now it just says error 404. VERY DISAPPOINTED Maria H

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow Love all these DT cards they R all flowerublous!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi- I tried to add my entry with your inlinkz, but it is not showing up. If you would like to try to correct it, please feel free, if not, here is my link and my entry:
    http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/2010/05/thank-you-bunches-teacher.html

    Thank you!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Link not working,tried several times.
    my card

    Hugs
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi
    I love this challenge, love the blossom theme!
    Great DT creations!
    Have a blessed week
    Heidi-Mari

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!