Friday 22 January 2010

Week 3 Challenge - Sketch

It's Friday again and time for another Polkadoodle Challenge!

The talented Nikky has provided the sketch for this week, so if you want to play along use the sketch below and use Mr Linky to show us your creation!



The deadline for entries for this challenge is Sunday 31 January at 12noon GMT and please remember that you can only combine your creation with 9 other challenges.

The winners of our Wk 1 challenge which was to use a "Song Theme" are...

In 3rd place Jenny
in 2nd place Jodi
and in first place with a stunning entry is Chris, who says this is her first ever challenge so what an awesome start, she's obviously one to watch!

Thanks and congrats to all 3 of you, stunning work and thanks to everyone who entered. Can you 3 girlies please contact Nikky for blinkies and prizes please.

If you want to catch Nikky live on TV she has another show on Ideal World and Create & Craft this Monday at 3pm, so make sure you tune in and watch!




And now onto the samples from the Design Team!


Our Guest Designer for January is Ruby and she has made this stunning easel card and used the digi image from Back To Nature along with the sentiment and flower. A bit of embossing and it totally transforms the card!



Kris: For this sketch with color challenge I've used the red and orange for accent colors. The black harlequin paper is from Jingle Jangle, the butterfly from Candy Doodles, and the stacked flower from Back to Nature (just goes to show how you can put together elements from lots of different CD's). I have a close up of the flower so you can see the dimension with all 7 layers (easy as pie to print the flowers on colored card stock and cut out).




Ruth: I've used the stackie flowers from Back to Nature and have layered the biggest one. The petals have been curled to give some definition. Added buttons in the centre of the flowers and then curled some wire. Doodled around the edges of the card and tied some black organza ribbon across the front to finish it off!




Lou: I know I always seem to be using these papers but do lurve the Picnic Brights collection from the "Back To Nature" CD. The gift box was made to house my baby sisters birthday present, so it had to be girly but modern(ish)! Embellished with spira flowers; stamped with flourish design from Daisy Doodles stamps; wire and gems as added bling!




Brenda: Back To Nature cd, image coloured with Copics and panel Cuttlebug daisies folder plus a bit of glitter.


Kerry: I turned the sketch around and coloured Polly with brushmarkers and used papers from Candy Doodles.




Kate: I have used Sugar Birdies and Candy Doodles cd's for my little birthday card. I have coloured Polly in with Promarkers 'cos I love 'em !

Claire - I have used a right mix of bits and bobs from the Cd's - just goes to show they really do all work well together. Candy doodles, Back to Nature and Jingle Jangles have all been used with some Sakura and a bit of added doodling!





Fliss: Everything's coming up daisies with my take on this sketch. I used the pretty daisy paper from the new Love and Cherish cd combined with the flower stackies from the Back to Nature cd. I've done lots of layering using red and orange card embossed with the Cuttlebug Bloom Dots, scallop scissors and a daisy corner punch.




Nettie: I really enjoyed making this one. I have used the Not For Girls cd for this card. I really love these cool birds and I coloured mine in with my Promarkers. I have just the person in mind to send it to!!





Dolly: All papers and elements from the Sugar Birdies CD. Added some hand stitching to the squares of paper on the base card to create a patchwork effect and glossy accents to Lulu the ladybug to make her shine!



Krista I used the Cd Back to Nature. I decided that a barn would go great with these darling animals. I colored the farm animals with my copics. These stamps are awesome to color.




Good luck and we can't wait to see what you create! Deadline is Sunday 31 January at 12noon GMT!



7 comments:

  1. Another good challenge - I do enjoy sketch challenges and have posted mine on Mr Linky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards DT and a great Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. some lovely card ideas here - thanks for the inspiration. I've had a go at the challenge - its on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great sketch its been lovely to work with :) Looking forward to the next challenge already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Dt cards,and really enjoyed doing this challenge.Karen x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I squeezed under the wire or not, but it's fun to enter anyway. Love all you girls flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really liked this sketch! Love the DT examples. x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!