Friday 26 June 2009

Well hello peepy peeps, another week has flown by, where does the time go these days or is it just my age, I'm sounding like my mother...hmmph, perish that thought!...

Right, firstly before I forget, our Ideal World/Create and Craft Show has been brought forward a day and is actually now Wed 1st July at 12, there has been mucho confusion but I
suppose that's the norm in the world of TV. So, if you would like a really good belly laugh tune in to see me struggling to string a sentence together and my hands shaking like a jellyfish on a diving board - and you better make sure you have plenty of Tena to hand and a tissue to
dry those tear-y little eyes as I can almost guarantee there will be Tena moments aplenty!! :D And on a more serious note if you want to see a really good selection of what's on the CD make sure you tune in.

Anyway, a very very busy week for me as I'm busy prepping for the show and flapping about like a pac-a-mac in t'wind and I haven't had chance to make a card this week, although I promise to try and make one next week! But who needs me when we have the awesome Team Doodle on call to haul me out of the proverbial poop...(oh I just have to share, I'm sure all you handbag freaks won't mind - whilst writing this I'm watching Lulu Guiness on QVC and I have just fallen in love with this bag (pic doesnt do this justice it has an awesome handle which just sits around your wrist like a bracelet). Not that I didn't choke at the price!

So,onto business! So last week saw lots of lovely entries for the fab flowery ovaly card and you all took the sketch and made it your own with some great great cards as always, so I think you can all give yourselves a pat on the back! pat, pat, pat...

Every week it seems to get harder and harder to choose the winners and I really struggled this week - we have a very democratic voting process at Team Doodle...firstly, we all select our fave 3 and then those are then shortlisted to a top 5 or 6 which are then re-voted on again.
Personally I think this is a really fair system as we all have very different tastes and choices each week, so it really is the majority vote in the end and extremely fair.

So this week's lucky winners are.... ALL of you!! Yes, I promised you all a freebie last week if you entered so please email me at sales@polkadoodles with a link to your blog so I know it' s you and I will send you a wee freebie.

However, we do need a Top 3 and this week's lucky ladeees (where are the men's entries?)
are....

in 3rd place.....Scrappy Max
in joint 1st place....Kris L and Kazzy

This was a REALLY close call and barely a vote between the 3, so congrats to all 3 of you, weloved your creations! As it's our 5th birthday Scrappy Max will get a download and Kris L and Kazzy will both get something extra spesh, so make sure you email me girls please at
sales@polkadoodles.co.uk.

And I also have decided this week to give a special mench to this lovely lady Brandy - bless her cotton socks it's her first ever blog post and her first ever challenge entry this week so I think she deserves a mention and she had such a lovely smiley photo on her blog I felt like giving her a squeezey hug!...(it's ok Brandy I ain't gonna stalk you hun!!) LOL!

Right, well this week we're having a little changeroo. As I'm the wicked witch of craft I didn't let the Doodlers use a sketch this week but I'm nicer to you guys so you can either use the
sketch or do your own layout, but you MUST use a landscape card (ie the fold is on the top and it is a rectangle). The rules are that you have to colour an image yourself - this can either be a stamped image or a topper, any image, andyou can use whatever you like to colour but you cannot use fabric ribbons, you must use a paper ribbon instead...have fun, I'm looking forward to what you do with this one!...
So the ol' Team Doodlers never fail to impress and I was a bit mean making them do their own thing this week. They had to follow the same rules but with no sketch and I made them use Polly Polkadoodle - and this is what they did...

created by Michelle...Michelle has coloured Polly with her Sakura Stardust so she is all glittery and lush - great idea to use the paper weaving technique here, she's cut down 2 of the backing papers to make the strips, verry nice. Also, note how a lot of us on the design team overlap the edges of the cards with the embellies - this really lifts the card to another level I think and it's a grrreat tip...
created by Maggie...lovely use of paper ribbons here, I love the pleated look and love this as a frame. Maggie has coloured 2 images of Polly and has made one into a spinner in the aperture - love the way she's made the aperture a scallop too, very inventive...

created by Krista...Krista is Queen of fresh and funky I think, and I love this girlie girlie card and the colours she's used on Polly it's so bright and cheerful...buttons make such cute centres to flowers don't they...
created by Enfys... another fab creation, love love love the flowers here...
"I coloured Polly with copics and cut the strips out of the stitched paper and concertina'd small strips up to make a funky pleated flower."

created by Sue... simple but adorable...
" A landscape card, depicting Polly (coloured in with Adirondack inks and water colour pencils), one blue paper ribbon, two tiny pink buttons, a layered flower with a centre gem."


created by Lou...
"My Polly has gone "brunette" for this weeks challenge! She has been coloured with Promarkers & the flowers have been coloured with Sakura glaze pens. The ribbon is hiding a wee bit but it is definitely there and I used one of the circle sentiments with a button in the middle, decorated with wire. The inside of the card has also been decorated to match the front."
Lou has also used 3 of the fab Stackies flowers layered up to give a really fresh colourful look, and I love the way she's partly hidden it behind the main image, a great idea when you use a big flower and don't have much room on the card....created by Kerry...Kerry is Queen of the beads and I think it's developing into her trademark!...
"Colouring - what a nightmare. I've lost count of how many Pollys went in the bin but I eventually ended up with one I was happy with. Loved the colour of the card so kept it quite plain. Made the ribbon, folded it to rough it up, then threaded flowers onto it. I wanted to use little buttons for her braces, but it made her look like she had a big pair of boobs. Not sure the flowers don't do the same :) "...

created by Ruth...
Ruth is very creative and always thinks outside the card, so to speak! Love what she's done here with the ribbons and she's tied in one of the Lulu Ladybug sentiments too...
"It's landscape, Polly has been coloured and glittered (and Stackies flower too!) and I've used paper ribbon. Sorry about the wonky photo - must try harder!!"



created by Saskia...she always manages to twist the idea and come up with something great - love the combo of the name on here, looks fab...
"So, this is my take on the 'landscape card. I coloured Polly with Derwent-pencils and glitterpens. I made the card for my godchild who will be 11 on 15th July.

So, that's it Folks! So get your doodlie hats on and your colouring pens out, we all like our crayons, and get to work! Remember to stick to the rules now! ;D
ttfn xxxx

18 comments:

  1. Well this is my first week with Polkadoodles and I love what I have seen so far so I decided to take the plunge and enter this week. Here you will find my entry http://thegypsycart.blogspot.com/2009/06/polkadoodles-challenge-5-or-6-not-sure.html#comments
    Thankyou
    Michelle M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning. This is my first time using the sugar birdies CD and it is really fun to play with. Thanks so much!

    HERE is my card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This set of Polly Stamps is a must have purchase...So very cute and tons of fun to color...Krista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ladies

    This is my first time here!!
    Loved the DT cards..

    Here is my Card – Thanks for Looking!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous DT creations as always :-)
    Thanks so much for the downloads I love em and have used them all on my card ! You might need to enlarge the card to spot em tho !! :-)

    you can see my card here

    Lorraine x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I just discovered your challenges and I think I'm hooked. Thanks for all the fun!
    Here's my card

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having another go at entering the challenge and my entry for this week can be found at here
    Fingers crossed I do better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the challenges and thanks for the fabby freebies. Love all the DT stuff - they're so talented. Here's my card

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Duh what a numpty ! i think i've got it this time - if not then i give up lol x here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooooh, great cards from the Dt again!!!
    Here’s my card

    Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Had a real problem with this challenge, but all you Girlies made lovely cards. here

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here's mine

    Great cards! Thanks for looking

    ReplyDelete
  16. Last minute but in prep for watching you on the google box at 12 my card is here . Brill DT cards as always - and yes thanks for downloads - having problems with my printer so will save them for next week! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning everyone,
    Cutting it a bit fine this week just dont know where time has gone.
    Great sketch and love love the DTs work this week as always.Will be watching at 12pm good luck x x x
    Heres mine at Kazzys creationsHope you like.
    Karen x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Saw you today on Create and Craft, but l couldn't see your hands shaking....l fell for your cd as l am n avid digital Scrapbooker and thought the cd would be marvellous for scrapping pages for my nieces and nephews....
    l also design kits for scrapbooking and am shortly going to open my own site....Good luck with yours....

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!